Conditions of Membership
Full membership of BAAAP is conditional upon producing the following evidence:
1. A Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (BAMS) or a BA (Hons) in Ayurvedic Studies or a BSc (Hons) in Ayurveda from a recognised Indian or Sri Lankan University or a University outside India which has been professionally accredited.
2. 1000 hours of clinical Internship at a recognised Ayurvedic teaching hospital or training clinic in India/ UK/Europe.
3. Maintenance of Continual Professional Development log.
4. For overseas practitioners intending to work in the UK, a valid UK work permit.
5. Current Professional Indemnity Insurance.
6. Evidence of fluency in English language.
Click here to view full details of Conditions and Prerequisite of Membership.
Click here to Download a Membership Application form.
Other Categories of Membership
Membership is also offered under the following categories:
- Associate member
This category includes Medical doctors who have special interest in Ayurveda as well as fully qualified Ayurvedic doctors based outside UK. (Concessionary rate of £45.00 available to applicants who work outside Europe/USA).
Students on an undergraduate degree programme in Ayurveda at an approved university in the UK/Europe as well as Internees (as stipulated above in the category of Full members).
With recognised qualifications
- Friends of BAAAP
Any person interested in Ayurveda and supportive of BAAAP.
Full member - £85
Associate member - £85
Concessionary rate of £45.00 available to applicants who work outside Europe/USA)
Student member - £35
Friends of BAAAP - £35
Therapist - £65
Bank details for direct and electronic payment transfer is as follows :
Account Name: BAAAP
Address: 2 Love Lane, Pinner, Middx HA5 3EG.
Account number: 71474626 (tel:71474626)
Sort Code: 40-36-21
For those wishing to pay by Cheque :
Cheques payable to BAAAP need to be sent by post to the Treasurer:
Mrs Neelam Kohli
52 Paine's Lane,
Benefits of BAAAP Membership
- Since 1997, BAAAP has been lobbying the British and other European governments for the recognition of Ayurveda as a distinct and independent system of healthcare with full statutory recognition of Ayurvedic practitoners. BAAAP will continue to further secure the future of Ayurveda in this country and to protect your interests as an Ayurvedic practitioner.
- Receive up to date information about current legislation applicable to Ayuveda in the UK.
- Receive regular updates on Herbal Medicine Regulation for OTC and Prescription Ayurvedic medicine along with a list of approved manufacturers and suppliers (where applicable).
- Guidance on code of conduct & ethics: issues on safety, professional accountability and practice.
- Discounted Professional Liability Insurance available to Full and Associate BAAAP Members.
- Continuing Professional Development events on regular basis at special rates will include lectures, seminars and workshops with a clinical focus.
- Conferences/other Ayurveda events on broader Ayurveda issues.
- Regular meetings and opportunity to exchange practical knowledge
with other Ayurvedic practitioners.
- Full members are allowed to stand for elections for posts in the Executive Committee. All members have voting privileges.
- Free listing on BAAAP's website
BAAAP has negotiated a very reasonable annual Professional Liability Insurance fee of £51 pa for its members (£74 if Basti is also included as a therapy and another £15 for legal expenses which is optional). This is with Holistic Insurance Services
183 Watling Street West
Tel: 01327 354 249
Note: To avail of this rate a current BAAAP membership certificate will be required.